foomart foomart

 Wednesday, June 20

Like English history, like eating Ben and Jerry's, conversation has two kinds of participants: diggers and levelers. Some people seek to find common ground and connect with other people, some people want to dominate and take pleasure in defeating their conversational opponents.

I am a leveler. I think the whole point of life is to make connections and I despise the idea that a conversation needs to have a winner and a loser. I choose not to associate with people (and they are always male people) who would rather argue than agree. Historically, this has just meant avoiding parties where I know the Debating Society will be holding court, and now it means cutting one more person out of my social rotation. Fortunately, I don't need his weed that badly, so it's no great loss for me.

10:44 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog