foomart foomart

 Wednesday, July 12

So perhaps it wasn't the best way to start a vegetarian's birthday celebration, but I've just spent an hour or so annihilating scale insects from the poor beleaguered lime tree. It's outside to get rained on now, and I'm here to find out what I can do to not have to do that again. I'd like to find a nice beneficial bug that loves scale and give it a home. (Well, I'd like to spray the fuckers with the most shell-thinning, silent-springing skull-wearing Genocide in a Drum that pesos can buy, but I'm not going to do that.)

We were supposed to go to the beach today but the weather put the kibosh on those plans. B has been figuring out what he wants to do with the day while I've done my time with the rubbing alcohol, wiping the knobby growths off of every single vertical stem and realizing how damn futile it is to think I could ever do more than decimate them from every leaf and branch. Of course now it's 1 in the afternoon and this day is speeding by with nothing good having happened, except to the lime tree. But, that might not be so great either, vegetarian-wise; as a .sig from back in the day said:

Je ne suis pas vegetarien parce que j'aime les animaux; je suis vegetarien parce que je deteste les plantes!
12:45 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog