foomart foomart

 Saturday, January 22

Much to my chagrin, the dishwasher has stopped working. I believe it's because the water intake line is either blocked or frozen, most probably frozen. I've opened up the cabinet and pulled out the toekick and hope the heat of the house will thaw the relevant pipe overnight or tomorrow, or at least keep it from bursting. Unfortunately, the kitchen's a pretty cold place when it's not in use; there aren't any baseboards in there. I baked a batch of muffins to try to warm the kitchen up more, but it wasn't enough. Maybe tomorrow I'll bake a cheesecake or roast that free turkey or something so the oven will be on for hours and really heat it up in there. I'm pretty bummed, especially since the fucking underfloor heating system is in boxes in the garage, where it's been for months and months, just waiting for us to install it. Besides, I had big plans with EDITH for tomorrow, and having to wash all those dishes by hand takes a lot of the fun out of it. But that's a minor problem, as far as problems go. If that pipe bursts it will become far more major. I'm gonna go move the turkey to the fridge to get started thawing. This is as good a time as any to learn how to cook a turkey, eh?
9:17 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog