foomart foomart

 Thursday, November 27

Ok, so we're about out of here. I just finished up a quickie design "job" (a fun collage of AD for the evite for his 40th birthday party) and sent out the files. Now we're waiting for water to boil to parboil the veggies, and I'm sitting here in t-shirt and underwear with gak on my hair to make it soft and shiny. (s-e-x-x-y!) We're off to Stockbridge, home of Alice and Arlo (who still lives in the church near BY the restaurant, in the bell tower) and the late Officer Obie. We'll be chez ff, a stone's throw from a boneyard which includes an area the locals call Sedgwick Pie. The rich Sedgwicks are all buried in a circle so that at the end of the world when they all rise up the first thing they see will be other Sedgwicks. There is at least one maid buried there, and at least one dog, but Edie was Not Invited.

We're supposed to be in the city in under two hours so I must get moving. I've got to find an appropriate sweater. I love that about the drive up every year; all these cars full of once-a-year families in their once-a-year sweaters. We're driving up in AH's car. I have volunteered to sit in the way back seat for the ride up, facing sickeningly backward and very aware of the car behind us every time she stops short. I'm thinking I'll bring a flask.

Thankful for salud, dinero y amor and that the worst year of my life will soon be over. Full report will inevitably follow. Really gotta go now.

9:41 AM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog