foomart foomart

 Sunday, November 2

It's been a lovely week! The show is tonight, and we fly back tomorrow crack o' dawn. I'm just briefly checking in since my Easy Internet card expires tomorrow and we had some time left. A quick overview: we've spent most of our time in Glasgow, which rocks. We've also taken day trips to Edinburgh, Dundee, and the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. I've eaten great quantities of mystery meat and drunk gallons of beer and Red Bull. Still haven't had haggis or deep-fried Mars bars, but I'm thinking I'll be able to find some haggis for lunch, and we can get the fried candy at home anyhow. It seems that that's kind of an urban legend here; that they'll do it, rolling their eyes, if you ask, but it's not as common as I'd been led to believe.

The opening party for Glasgay was last night, and far more fun than we'd expected when we popped in to just make an appearance. The series starts tonight with Diamanda opening it. The hall is pretty elaborate, from what I've seen so far of the backstage labyrinth! It's like Lincoln Center, a thousand backstage rooms and a lot of Very Serious employees.

In any case, I don't have to do anything to get ready to work tonight, so I'm off to shop a little more and maybe see about some haggis. I'll type extensively once I get back home to a keyboard with a full-sized shift key and the quotes where I expect them.

8:37 AM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog