foomart foomart

 Tuesday, November 18

Got a button order last night from some kid who wants a bunch of one-off custom pins to put on his bookbag. He couldn't believe the price I quoted him. He'll be so chuffed when he gets these. This is the kind of job I love doing. I make enough money to cover the parts and shipping, he gets a passel of one-of-a-kind buttons with just what he wants on them for dirt cheap, everybody's happy. He's apparently pretty good at some computer game; one of the designs is a screengrab of his character, a big pile of pixelated muscles who's reached level 22 and has 531 HP, which I take to mean some kind of D&D-like hit points. I'm guessing those are high numbers, since he wants to immortalize them.

I've also got to bang out a couple zillion DG pins for the new albums today. It'd be helpful to me to have gotten advance copies of both CDs, or access to the original files, but I only have a copy of La Serpenta right now. I don't think Defixiones exists anywhere yet. So I'm making La Serpenta pins to sell at the shows tomorrow and Thursday. I'll be selling advance copies of La Serpenta Canta there too, even though the official US release isn't until December 1. If by some fluke there are copies of Defixiones there tomorrow night, I'll grab one and knock out some Defix pins for the Thursday show. It's my dirty little secret: I can pump out hundreds of buttons from scratch in a day if I don't have to deal with other people and approvals and crap.

That's one Reiki principle covered for today...

11:51 AM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog