foomart foomart

 Wednesday, October 1

So I spent most of the day trying to get the finances organized. A few months ago I went through and punched in all the transactions from most of the accounts I need to know about, and sent bitter emails to people like Ameritrade and Intuit, the people who make Quicken, trying to find out why they don't have the same functionality for Mac users that they do for Windozers. They didn't answer, of course, so I think they must just be jealous. I mean, Quicken reads .qif files on both platforms. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to just download my transactions and dump them in. Vast and glorious as my bulging portfolio is, it's too much to deal with, punching in every 18-cent dividend that comes in. Maybe if I didn't let those accounts sit for a year, if I just did them every month when they came in, it'd be less of a mountain but I keep thinking one of these days they'll let us into the club and we'll be able to just hit the update button like everybody else to make it happen automagically. I believe that will happen the day after I slog through them manually. In any case, I spent today doing some of the accounts that I didn't deal with a few months ago, and I'm gearing up for a big espresso-fueled session tomorrow, punching in all the stock stuff. This is pretty much the only place that my textbook Virgo nature comes out in my life. That, and I like the pretty little graphs.

Hm. I wonder whether there are any other software packages that do any better in the online arena?
* * *
While looking for others, I came across Liquid Ledger... it sure am purty; if it had a trial version I'd be reporting on it now. I like it a lot when developers seem to listen to their users and add features accordingly.

8:30 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog