foomart foomart

 Monday, October 6

Good grief. I'm finally sorting my music files so that when I can control the music on the radio station I'll be able to do it by genres, and to make it easier to create iTunes playlists. What a nightmare. I thought I'd just sort it all by genre in Finder folders, then make playlists to subsort everything, but I can't decide where to put half the stuff anyway. Latin ska? Is it Ska? World? Latin? (Decision: ska) Mutantes? Should they go under World/Brazilian or should they be in with the Nuggets and Krautrock? Or should they just go under Weird? I'm thinking it's silly to sort based on what language the song is in, so I'm trying to do it by genre. I guess I'll make a non-English playlist later so I can have non-distracting work music on tap. But what about all the albums and artists with a mix of different styles? What the heck are Orishas, are they more Rap or more Cuban? If I try to go song by song I'll go mad. I've got to draw the line somewhere. But what about the bands who've changed dramatically from album to album? I want to go back to my old convention: straight alphabetical and let god sort 'em out. Unfortunately this results in a really unworkable number of folders. Sigh.

I need a break to think about how I'll be using this and where Future Me will look for things I want to find. Coffee, then I will devote the day to detangling this. Nice to be in the leisure class...employment would cramp my style so...

1:28 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog