foomart foomart

 Monday, October 20

Back home after an uninterestingly annoying commute. House is fine, cats are fine, and I got home in time to catch the mail delivery. That's all I want out of life most of the time.

I stayed an extra night in Pennsy; my brother used the magic words. ("I think it's Wing Night.") Dogged the bucket o' wings, watched the Yankees game, and slept like a rock after the day's activities. We'd closed up the pool for the winter so that meant getting all the leaves out of it, lowering the water level, draining all the pipes, scrubbing off the scummy waterline marks, taking out all the handrails, and stretching the cover over it. Took like five minutes. We also repotted a bunch of plants and brought all the potted plants in for the winter. Again, five minutes, max.

I also got to watch D turn his compost piles, which brought a wee tear to my eye...he had to use his Kubota loader to do it. The oldest one is almost completely worm castings, I think, some really excellent well-worked black gold. And it's taller than me. The middle pile is a marvelous mix of shredded leaves and grass clippings, plus the occasional corn husks and coffee grounds I sneaked in there when he and Milo weren't looking. Pretty much the compost pile people dream about when they think of compost piles. (Well, compost wackos, anyway.) Pile 3 is straight leaf mold, yards and yards of it. And he's got his leaf sucker ready for this year's cleanups, so there will be another pile soon. Droolworthy.

12:51 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


UR you; IM me.

trees
moblog